Senior Construction Manager
Listed on Apr 10, 2018
- Perform evaluations of existing and proposed Facilities building, hardscaping and utility infrastructure. Recommend modifications as needed.
- Review plans and specifications of proposed new projects for compliance with Facilities related Operational Performance Specifications. Perform design modifications and implement solutions to improve safety, reliability, operational readiness, cost effectiveness and serviceability of civil and building infrastructure.
- Manage assigned projects from design through installation to include developing project budgets and schedules, construction observation, testing, and training.
- Prepare scope of work documents for engineering projects. Develop maintenance procedures and prepare maintenance and/or operation manual updates. Review and recommend modifications to Operational Performance Specifications.
- Interface with Facilities supervisors and managers to resolve problems and design issues. Coordinate engineering activities between Facilities supervisors, managers, technicians and other internal department personnel, as necessary. May serve as project lead and provide direct guidance to technicians in the execution of maintenance or project related work.
- Monitor and interface with vendors/equipment manufacturers to resolve problems and design issues. Prepare and review equipment specifications and performs technical evaluation of emerging vendor products/services.
- Provide project status of assigned task list items to Facilities supervisors, managers, technicians and other internal department personnel, as necessary. Update project status on a regular basis.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- 8-10 years demonstrated project engineering experience with 3 years of project management experience in an engineering environment pertaining to the development of civil and building infrastructure required.
- 8-10 years field experience with evaluation and analysis of hardscape, building and utility system conditions required.
- 8-10 years "Hands-on" experience with the repair and replacement of hardscaping, building components and utility infrastructure required.
- 3 years of experience supervising or providing direction to semi-skilled or skilled trades workforce; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to work with team members of diverse experience and educational backgrounds.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting engineering plans and specifications.
- Experience with generating drawings, specifications, acceptance test procedures and maintenance/training documents.
- Proficient in developing and tracking project budgets and schedules.
- Knowledgeable in NEC, ANSI, ASME and ASTM standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Professional Engineer license desired.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter referencing position to firstname.lastname@example.org.