Construction Project Manager
Listed on Aug 01, 2018
- Manages, oversees and coordinates all facets of the pre-construction, bid and award, construction and close-out phase of all assigned projects.
- Reviews pre-construction documents and submits comments to Designer as necessary.
- Plans, organizes, and prepares reports to upper management with respect to the status and/or progress of the projects.
- Coordinates with all pertinent public agencies during pre-construction and construction to comply with all off-site work.
- Manages both the project budget and schedule to meet the qualitative standards; monitors project budget on a monthly basis and ensures that the budget accurately reflects the project status/progress.
- Manages daily activities of the contractor, reviews contractors’ construction schedules and submittals, and coordinates responses to the contractors’ inquiries thru the Requests for Clarifications (RFC) and other related documents.
- Reviews substitution submittals from contractors to ensure specification requirements are complied with.
- Receives, reviews, and negotiates Contractor Change Order Proposal(s) to achieve a fair & reasonable price in accordance with the General Conditions; reviews and addresses any and all Schedule impacts in accordance with the project specifications in a timely manner.
- Reviews the process and monitors payments for the contractor, architects, engineers and any other pertinent parties.
- Administers provisions of Professional Service Agreements between Architects and the District.
- Coordinates delivery of related fixtures, furniture and equipment.
- Monitors and manages project close-out with respect to project certification with the Division of State Architects (DSA) and project financial close out.
- Monitor progress and performance and report to the client and Citadel’s management.
- Ensures project files and reporting are maintained.
- Monitors team performance to ensure compliance with contractual agreements.
- Monitors product quality, design, and technology to ensure consistency with contractual agreements.
- Take corrective action, as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 10-15 years of project/construction management experience in Commercial / Public / Educational Facilities.
- 5 years of project/construction management experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- 5 years of the past 8 years as the Project Manager or Construction Manager for a Building Management System project(s).
- Experience working with Public Agencies.
- Experience with DSA processes.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills and problem-solving skills are required.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat software is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture/Engineer/Construction Management or a closely related field.
- OSHA 30.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter referencing position to firstname.lastname@example.org.