Senior Construction Manager
Listed on Dec 01, 2020
- Organize, coordinate, direct, and manage the work as it develops from Pre-Construction, Bid, Award, Construction and Closeout Phases of the project.
- Manage and/or supervise up to 10 projects simultaneously, each ranging in value and complexity, from $5M to $100M.
- Deliver the services the client requires while maintaining an effective relationship with the client.
- Lead all key team members and/or teams and define a matrix of authority for responsibility and accountability amongst them.
- Create and maintain a work environment that fosters innovation, productivity and responsiveness to the client’s objectives for the project.
- Ensure proper planning, scheduling, estimating, and budgeting so that the budget and schedule requirements for the project are met.
- Monitor the progress and performance of the project and report recurrently to the client and Citadel management.
- Monitor the team performances to ensure they are in compliance with contractual agreements, deliverables, and milestones.
- Monitor product quality, design, and technology to ensure consistency with contractual requirements.
- Identify project risks, develop, and implement risk mitigation plans.
- Review and develop construction contract documents in coordination with other team members.
- Perform constructability reviews and QA/QC on pre-construction and construction documents as required.
- Review and perform technical bid analyses.
- Manage daily activities of the contractor, reviews contractor construction schedule, schedule of values and submittals, and coordinates responses to the contractor’s inquiries and request for clarifications, and other related documents.
- Review submittals and substitution submittals from contractors to ensure specification and client requirements are complied with.
- Coordinate with pertinent public agencies and client internal departments during pre-construction and construction to comply with all off-site work.
- Review and approve contractor pay applications.
- Complete change entitlement analysis and negotiate any contractor change requests.
- Ensure project is properly documented, reported, and archived.
- Close out and certify project with jurisdictional agencies, client financial processes and/or governmental agencies.
- Take corrective action as required to ensure project is delivered on time, in budget, and to the standards specified by the client.
- Resolve complex construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- A minimum of 10-15 years professional experience in design, engineering, and/or construction management with full responsibility managing and coordinating complex projects.
- A minimum of 5 years working with Public Agencies, educational facility construction, or capital programs.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University in the Architectural, Engineering, and/or Construction technical field of study.
- Valid certification by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI) as a Certified Construction Manager (CCM).
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 10- or 30-Hour certified.
- A valid Certificate of Professional Engineer (PE) by the State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
- A Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) credential by the U.S. Green Building Council.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter referencing position to firstname.lastname@example.org.