Listed on Apr 10, 2018
- Manages multiple projects through interaction with Architects, Consultants, and District personnel from project conception, through draft to final review, approval, and hand off to Project Execution.
- Manages, develops, and coordinates the design process for the Facilities Planning and Development Division to ensure that plans are within functional program, budgetary, environmental and legal requirements.
- Establishes and follows a process to identify and select the architectural firm best suited for each project based on the firms qualifications and ability to meet performance standards.
- Provides Architects with clear and consistent direction with regard to goals and objectives, standards, site, schedule, and budget for each project.
- Establishes and follows an effective and efficient design review process to ensure that the design meets the overall goals and objectives for the project.
- Ensures that all steps within the project are documented and that the documentation meets legal requirements.
- Reviews design changes submitted to ensure project remains within budget.
- Establishes and maintains list of pre-qualified Architectural firms for consideration.
- Establishes a review panel of Architects for design consultation.
- Participates in community relations and outreach programs to create understanding and acceptance of District building projects design within the community.
- Recruits, develops, and manages a professional staff to support the design function for the District Develops continuing education opportunities, i.e., seminars and workshops, to learn and share-up-to-date information on working with architects and contractors.
- Minimum 8 years full time paid professional experience managing the facilities design, or the planning and coordination of capital projects that included the overall design, contract administration, cost estimating, and scheduling activities.
- 4 years of this experience must be with the design, planning and construction of educational facilities or similar public agencies.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter referencing position to email@example.com.