Listed on May 23, 2022
Location: Los Angeles
Citadel was incorporated in 2006 and has been serving public sector clients since then. Citadel has offices in Pasadena, Fullerton, Long Beach, Sacramento, and Riverside, California, as well as Phoenix, Arizona; and has field staff at numerous project locations throughout both states.
Citadel’s project management professionals manage or support over 200 projects across 17 agencies with over $4 billion in total project cost.
Citadel has been built on a set of three principles that form our core values as a professional organization: Integrity, Professionalism, and Responsiveness.
Citadel seeks to hire a Design Manager to manage the design phase for educational facilities. The design manager is responsible for implementing policies and procedures that follow the Division of State Architects (DSA) requirements. Manage the assigned projects to ensure design plans are within budget, and meet current environmental, and legal requirements. Select and supervise the architectural firm with regard to meeting project schedule, budget, and quality goals and objectives.
- Manage the design phase for various school upgrade programs and critical repair projects.
- Manage multiple projects throughout the project life cycle in partnership with School District personnel, Architects, and various consultants.
- Oversee building design process to ensure compliance with School District standard requirements.
- Create an efficient and effective design review process to meet project budget, schedule and quality goals and objectives providing maximum value for the allotted budget.
- Engage in outreach and community relations programs.
- 10 years of recent professional experience managing facilities design or capital projects including contract administration, cost estimating, and scheduling.
- 5 years in planning, design, and construction of academic facilities for public agencies.
- BS/BA Degree in Engineering or Architecture.
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Certificate of Registration as an Architect by California Architects Board
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter referencing position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Citadel is an Equal Employment Employer and drug-free workplace.
COVID19: All employees are required to be fully vaccinated and must submit proof of vaccination prior to first day of employment. Only fully vaccinated candidates will be accepted.