Project Cost Estimator
Listed on Dec 22, 2022
Location: Greater Los Angeles Area
Business: Construction Estimator
Citadel was incorporated in 2006 and has been serving public sector clients since then. Citadel has offices in Pasadena, Fullerton, Long Beach, Sacramento, and Riverside, California, as well as Phoenix, Arizona; and has field staff at numerous project locations throughout both states.
Citadel’s project management professionals manage or support over 200 projects across17 agencies with over $4 billion in total project cost.
Citadel has been built on a set of three principles that form our core values as a professional organization: Integrity, Professionalism, and Responsiveness.
Citadel is seeking a Project Cost Estimator who will oversee and manage a team of estimators.
- Prepares preliminary and final independent detailed cost estimates of school building projects for comparison with designer or contractor for PM/CM to establish negotiating position.
- Prepares detailed change order estimates for Owner Authorized Representatives to establish negotiating position.
- Provides support in price negotiations.
- Prepares claim analyses and estimates.
- Prepares detailed estimates of construction costs based on drawings, specs and sketches.
- Reviews contractor’s claims and proposals for merit and accountability.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 7 years full time paid professional experience in construction cost estimating of all divisions for facilities or school building construction projects.
- Knowledge of current local construction labor and material costs.
- Extensive experience in developing and estimating the scope of work for change orders.
- Ability to compare the independent cost estimate with contractor proposal to quickly identify differences.
- Ability to develop scope of work based on RFI/RFC answers and estimates the detailed costs of those scopes of work independent of the contractor proposal.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter referencing position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Citadel is an Equal Employment Employer and drug-free workplace.
COVID19: All employees are required to be fully vaccinated and must submit proof of vaccination prior to first day of employment. Only fully vaccinated candidates will be accepted.